Snapdragon 732G vs Snapdragon 678, a detailed comparison between the mid-range chipsets. The SD 678 is the latest launched, it was revealed in December last year while the SD 732G was revealed back in August last year. Despite that, the Snapdragon 678 is revealed recently, can it able to beat the Snapdragon 732G Let’s found out.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G comes with better kryo cores and high clock speed as well compared to Qualcomm Snapdragon 678.
- The overclocked Adreno 618 on Snapdragon 732G is a better GPU compared to Adreno 612 on Snapdragon 678.
- The SD 732G is more power-efficient than SD 678 as the Snapdragon 732G is based on 8nm architecture while the Snapdragon 678 is built on an 11nm fabrication process.
- The SD 678 supports a maximum of FUll-HD+ display while SD 732G can accommodate QHD+ display.
- The Qualcomm SD 732G comes with better connectivity as it comes with the support of Wi-Fi-6 ready and sports Bluetooth 5.1 while the Snapdragon 678 doesn’t support Wi-Fi 5 ready and feature Bluetooth 5.0.
- The Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G has better audio support, better download speeds, and better camera support as well.
Snapdragon 732G vs Snapdragon 678 – Specifications
|CPU||2x Kryo 460 Gold @ 2.2 GHz|
6x Kryo 460 Silver @ 1.7 GHz
|2x Kryo 470 [email protected] 2.3 GHz|
6x Kryo 470 [email protected] 1.8 GHz
|GPU||Adreno 612 @800MHz||Adreno 618 +15% faster|
|Connectivity||Cat-12 DL / Cat-13 UL(LTE: 600 Mbps down, 150 Mbps up)||Cat-15 DL / Cat-13 UL(LTE: 800 Mbps down, 150 Mbps up)|
|DSP / NPU||Hexagon 685 DSP||Hexagon 688 DSP|
|Memory Controller||2x 16-bit CH @ 1866MHz LPDDR4X||2x 16 -bit CH @ 1866MHz LPDDR4X|
|Display||2520×1080 pixels ( Max Resolution )||3360 x 1440 pixels ( Max Resolution )|
|Wi-Fi||802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11a/b/g, 802.11n||Wi-Fi 6-ready, 802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11a/b/g, 802.11n|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.0||Bluetooth 5.1|
|Camera||Dual Spectra 250L ISP|
1x 25MP with ZSL
2x 16MP with ZSL
up to 192MP single camera
|Dual Spectra 350 ISP|
1 x 36MP with ZSL
2 x 22MP with ZSL
up to 192MP single camera
|Video||up to [email protected]||up to [email protected]|
|Charging||Quick Charge 4+ technology||Quick Charge 4+ technology|
|Audio||up to 192kHz/24bit||Up to 384kHz/32bit|
|Location||Beidou, Galileo, GLONASS, GPS, QZSS, SBAS||Beidou, Galileo, GLONASS, GPS, QZSS, SBAS|
Snapdragon 732G vs Snapdragon 678 – Comparison
Snapdragon 732G is able to grab 573 in single-cores and 1735 in multi-cores while SD 678 scores 451 in single-cores and 1407 in multi-cores on Geekbench 5. On ANTUTU Benchmark, the Snapdragon 678 scores 2,17,340 while the SD 732G grabs 3,04,457. As per the scores Snapdragon 732G is the winner with a great margin from Qualcomm 678. However, the benchmark scores vary from smartphone to smartphone and company to company so these scores doesn’t show the real performance but gives us an idea of the performance of the smartphone or the processor.
In each and every aspect Snapdragon 732G is a better processor compared to Snapdragon 678. Despite the differences in the specifications also justify the price range gap at which they come.