Samsung Exynos 9611 vs Snapdragon 855, comparison between two chipsets from different manufacturers. The Exynos 9611 was launched in September 2019 while the Snapdragon 855 was revealed in late 2018 and both of the chipsets were designed to deliver impressive performance. Let’s see how both of the chipsets will compete against each other.
- The Snapdragon 855 comes with better performance cores and higher CPU clock frequency compared to Exynos 9611.
- Adreno 640 GPU on SD 855 is a better GPU than Mali G72 MP3 GPU on Exynos 9611.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 comes with 4G and 5G Modem option while the Exynos 9611 only comes with 4G Modem and also 4G downlink speeds are far better in SD 855.
- The Samsung Exynos 9611 is built on a 10nm fabrication process while the Snapdragon 855 is based on a 7nm fabrication process that means better power efficiency.
- The SD 855 can support up to 4k @60Hz on device display while the Exynos 9611 can support up to WQXGA @60Hz.
Samsung Exynos 9611 vs Snapdragon 855 – Specifications
4x Cortex-A55 @1.8GHz
|GPU||Mali-G72 MP3||Adreno 640|
|Connectivity||600 Mbps peak downlink speed |
150 Mbps Uplink Speed
|2000 Mbps peak downlink speed|
316 Mbps Uplink Speed
Snapdragon X50 5G Modem
|Memory Controller||LPDDR4x up to 12GB||LPDDR4x up to 16GB|
|Storage||UFS 2.1, eMMC 5.1||UFS 3.1 ( Max )|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.0||Bluetooth 5.0|
|Camera||1 x 25MP|
16MP + 16MP
up to 64MP camera
|Qualcomm Spectra™ 380 ISP|
2 x 22MP ( with ZSL )
1 x 48MP ( with ZSL )
up to 192MP single camera
|Video||4K UHD 120fps encoding and decoding||Up to 4K 120fps|
|Location||GPS, GNSS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo||Dual-frequency GNSS, GPS, GLONASS, |
Beidou, Galileo, QZSS, SBAS
Samsung Exynos 9611 vs Snapdragon 855 – Benchmarks
Samsung Exynos 9611 powered Galaxy A50s is able to score 318 in single-cores and 1136 in multi-cores and around 1,80,000 on the Antutu benchmark while the Snapdragon 855 powered OnePlus 7 grabs 745 in single-cores and 2630 in multi-cores and scores 4,60,000 ( approx ) on ANTUTU. These scores clearly show that Snapdragon 855 is clearly a winner in terms of performance but keep in mind that these scores vary from smartphone to smartphone and smartphone manufacturer so the actual performance can’t be decided on the basis of scores.