Snapdragon 778G vs Snapdragon 768G, the comparison between two upper mid-range 5G chipsets from Qualcomm. Snapdragon 778G launched recently while the Snapdragon 768G was revealed back in May last year. Let’s see how the newly launched SD 778G can compete against the SD 768G or not.
- Snapdragon 778G is built on a 6nm fabrication process while the Snapdragon 768G is based on a 7nm fabrication process that means SD 778G is more power-efficient.
- Snapdragon 768G can provide higher frequency but SD 778G comes with the latest Cortex A78 performance cores that can provide better performance.
- SD 778G comes with the latest Snapdragon X53 5G modem but it provides lesser downlink speeds compared to Snapdragon X52 5G modem on Snapdragon 768G.
- Snapdragon 778G can support 144Hz fast refresh rate display but SD 768G can support up to 120Hz displays on FHD+ resolution.
- Qualcomm SD 778G comes with a better Camera ISP hence better camera support.
Snapdragon 778G vs Snapdragon 768G – Specifications
|CPU||1x Cortex-A78 cores @2.4 GHz|
3x Cortex-A78 cores @2.2 GHz
4x Cortex-A55 cores @1.9 GHz
|1x Cortex-A76 cores @2.8 GHz |
1x Cortex-A76 cores @2.4 GHz
6x Cortex-A55 cores @1.8 GHz
|GPU||Adreno 642GL||Adreno 620|
|Connectivity||Snapdragon X53 5G Modem|
3.3 Mbps Downlink speed
1.5 Mbps Uplink Speed ( expected)
|Snapdragon X52 5G Modem|
3.7 Mbps Downlink speed
1.6 Mbps Uplink Speed
|Memory Controller||[email protected]|
up to 16GB
up to 12GB
|Storage||UFS 3.1 ( max )||UFS 3.0 ( Max )|
FHD+ @ 120 Hz
|Wi-Fi||802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi 6E||802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi 802.11ax-ready|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.2||Bluetooth 5.2|
|Camera||Qualcomm Spectra™ 570 ISP|
3 x 25MP ( with ZSL )
64MP + 20MP ( with ZSL )
1 x 84MP ( with ZSL )
up to 192MP single camera
|Qualcomm Spectra™ 355 ISP|
22MP + 22MP ( with ZSL )
1 x 36MP ( with ZSL )
up to 192MP single camera
|Video||up to 4k video capture||up to 4k video capture|
|Charging||Qualcomm Quick Charge 5.0||Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0+|
|Location||GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, NavIC||GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, NavIC|
Snapdragon 778G vs Snapdragon 768G – Benchmarks
Snapdragon 768G powered smartphone Redmi K30 5G Racing Edition is able to grab a score of 693 in single-cores and 1931 in multi-cores and scored 3,60,000+ score on ANTUTU. Snapdragon 778G is recently revealed and there is no phone revealed with that chipset so there are no benchmarks available for this chipset but the chipset is expected to score 700+ in single cores and 2000+ in multi-cores and 4,50,000+ in multi-cores.
Snapdragon 778G is a better choice and a good successor to the previous Snapdragon 768G. Snapdragon 778G is built on the latest 6nm fabrication , comes with the latest Cortes A78 cores, have upgraded GPU, better camera support, and more. Almost in every manner, Snapdragon 778G is a better chipset compared to Snapdragon 768G but as the SD 778G does not arrive in any smartphone so actual performance can’t be compared but on specifications part Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G is a better chipset.