Qualcomm has unveiled the Snapdragon 888 Plus as the overclocked version of SD 888. The company also claimed that the new chipset AI engine performs 20 percent better. The Snapdragon 888 was revealed last year with big Cortex X1 cores and the Plus model also retained the cores with higher frequency.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Plus Specifications and Features
- Snapdragon 888 Plus Kryo 680 CPU prime core is clocked at nearly 3Ghz ( ~2.995GHz ) frequency while the Snapdragon 888 prime core is clocked at 2.84GHz.
- The Hexagon 780 AI Engine comes with 20 percent improved performance and now the chip delivers 32 TOPS which is an upgrade over 26 TOPS in Snapdragon 888.
- The SD 888 Plus features the same upgradable Adreno 660 GPU.
- The chipset also sports the same Hexagon 580 Camera ISP.
- The processor comes integrated with a Snapdragon X60 5G modem that supports up to 7.5Gbps Downlink speed, and 3Gbps Uplink speed along with mmWave support.
- The processor comes with the latest Bluetooth 5.2 support.
- The new SoC comes with the support of the latest Qualcomm Charge 5 charging technology.
- The processor comes with the support of LPDDR5 RAM up to 3200MHz and UFS3.1 fast storage support.
The company also confirmed some of the partners that will launch Snapdragon 888 Plus-powered phones. The brands like ASUS ROG, Motorola, Honor, Vivo, and Xiaomi are one of the first companies which launch the phone with this latest processor this year.