MediaTek Dimensity 900 vs Snapdragon 765G, the ultimate comparison between the upper mid-range chipsets. MediaTek Dimensity 900 is revealed recently while the Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G was revealed earlier last year. Let’s see how the newly launched Dimensity 900 will compete against Snapdragon 765G.
- MediaTek Dimensity 900 comes with the latest Cortex-A78 performance cores while Snapdragon 765G comes with previous generation Cortex-A76 cores.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G comes with a better 5G modem and 5G Downlink and uplink speeds compared to MediaTek Dimensity 900.
- MTK Dimensity 900 is based on the latest 6nm fabrication process while Snapdragon 765G is built on the 7nm fabrication process.
- Dimensity 900 comes with the support of LPDDR5 and UFS 3.1 storage while SD765G supports LPDDR4x RAM and UFS 2.1 storage.
- Snapdragon 765G can accommodate up to QHD+ display with 60Hz fast refresh rate while MTK Dimensity 900 can support up to FHD+ display with 120Hz refresh rate. ( SD 765G can also support up to 120Hz refresh rate but on FHD+ resolution)
- As the MediaTek Dimensity 900 comes is the latest launch hence comes with the latest Bluetooth 5.2 while Snapdragon 765G comes with Bluetooth 5.0.
MediaTek Dimensity 900 vs Snapdragon 765G – Specifications
MediaTek Dimensity 900
|CPU||2x Cortex-A78 cores @2.4 GHz|
4x Cortex-A55 cores @2.0 GHz
|1x Cortex A76 @ 2.4 GHz|
1x Cortex A76 @ 2.2 GHz
6x Cortex A55 @ 1.8 GHz
|GPU||Arm Mali-G68 MC4||Adreno 620|
|Connectivity||Integrated 5G Modem|
2.7 Gbps Downlink speed
|Snapdragon™ X52 5G Modem|
3.7 Mbps Downlink speed
1.6 Mbps Uplink Speed
|Memory Controller||LPDDR5 and LPDDR4x RAM support||LPDDR4x @2133 MHz|
up to 12GB
|Storage||UFS 3.1 ( max )||UFS 2.1 ( Max )|
|Display||up to FHD+ @120Hz||up to QHD+ @ 60 Hz|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.2||Bluetooth 5.0|
|Camera||2 x 20MP|
up to 108MP single camera
|Spectra™ 355 ISP|
1 x 36MP @30fps with ZSL
2 x 22MP @30fps with ZSL
up to 192MP single camera
|Video||up to 4k video capture||up to 4k video capture|
|Location||GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, NavIC||GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, NavIC, SBAS|
MediaTek Dimensity 900 vs Snapdragon 765G – Benchmarks
Snapdragon 765G powered smartphone is able to grab a score of 693 in single-cores and 2058 in multi-cores on Geekbench 5 and also scored 3,30,000+ score on ANTUTU Benchmark. While the MediaTek Dimensity 900 hasn’t arrived in any of the smartphones yet so there are no benchmarks available yet but as we got the benchmark scores we will update them on our website.
MediaTek Dimensity 900 and Snapdragon 765G both are powerful chipsets for mid-range phones. As Benchmark scores are not available for MediaTek Dimensity 900 so it is very difficult to derive the conclusion for performance but as per the specifications, Dimensity 900 looks more powerful as it comes with the latest Cortex A78 cores, Bluetooth 5.2, UFS 3.1 storage support and more.