Snapdragon 780G vs Snapdragon 765G, the comparison between the two upper mid-range 5G chipsets from Qualcomm. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G is revealed recently while the Snapdragon 765G was revealed back in 2019. Let’s see how the newly launched chipset will compete against the older processor.
- Snapdragon 780G has the latest Cortex A78 cores because of which the performance is on the next level compared to Snapdragon 765G.
- The Adreno 642 GPU on SD 780G is a better GPU compared to Adreno 620 on SD 765G.
- The latest launched Snapdragon 780G is based on a 5nm fabrication process while the Snapdragon 765G is built on a 7nm fabrication process.
- The Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G has LPDDR5 RAM support while Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G doesn’t.
- The SD 780G comes with the support of the latest Bluetooth 5.2 while the Snapdragon 765G supports Bluetooth 5.0.
- The Snapdragon 780G comes with the latest ISP with better camera support.
Snapdragon 780G vs Snapdragon 765G – Specifications
|CPU||1x Cortex-A78 cores @2.4 GHz|
3x Cortex-A78 cores @2.2 GHz
4x Cortex-A55 cores @1.9 GHz
|1x Cortex A76 @ 2.4 GHz|
1x Cortex A76 @ 2.2 GHz
6x Cortex A55 @ 1.8 GHz
|GPU||Adreno 642||Adreno 620|
|Connectivity||Snapdragon X53 5G Modem|
3.3 Mbps Downlink speed
1.5 Mbps Uplink Speed ( expected)
Snapdragon™ X52 5G Modem
3.7 Mbps Downlink speed
1.6 Mbps Uplink Speed
|Memory Controller||[email protected]|
up to 16GB
|LPDDR4x @2133 MHz|
up to 12GB
|Storage||UFS 3.1 ( Max )||UFS 2.1 ( Max )|
|Display||FHD+ @ 144 Hz||QHD+ @ 60 Hz|
|Wi-Fi||802.11a/b/g/n/ax, Wi-Fi 6E||802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 802.11ax-ready|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.2||Bluetooth 5.0|
|Camera||Qualcomm Spectra™ 570 ISP|
3 x 25MP ( with ZSL )
64MP + 20MP ( with ZSL )
1 x 84MP ( with ZSL )
up to 192MP single camera
|Spectra™ 355 ISP|
1 x 36MP @30fps with ZSL
2 x 22MP @30fps with ZSL
up to 192MP single camera
|Video||up to 4k video capture||up to 4K video capture|
|Location||GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, NavIC||GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS,|
Snapdragon 780G vs Snapdragon 765G – Benchmarks
As per some reports, the Snapdragon 780G powered Mi 11 youth Edition grabs a score of 693 in single-cores and 2058 in multi-cores on Geekbench 5, and a 5,00,000+ Antutu score. While the Snapdragon 765G chipset on the Oneplus Nord is able to get scores of 602 in single-cores and 1868 in multi-cores and 3,30,100 ANTUTU scores. The Snapdragon 780G scores are not official yet but definitely the Snapdragon 780G will beat SD 765G in terms of performance.
Snapdragon 780G is a better chipset compared to Snapdragon 765G in performance, camera support, display support, new AI engine, NPU support, and more. So, the final conclusion is that undoubtedly the SD 780G is the best chipset for upper mid-range smartphones.