Snapdragon 780G 5G revealed as the latest upper mid-range smartphone chipset from Qualcomm. The processor is based on a 5nm fabrication process and sport Cortex-A78 cores like Snapdragon 888 SoC. There is a significant boost in performance, AI capabilities, display, and camera support compared to Snapdragon 768G and 765G chipset. Most importantly Qualcomm integrated the Adreno 642 with updatable drivers.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G 5G Specifications and Features
- The SD 780G sports Snapdragon X53 5G Modem-RF System with Sub-6 GHz, standalone (SA) and non-standalone (NSA) modes, FDD, TDD, Dynamic Spectrum Sharing, Sub-6 GHz: 100 MHz bandwidth, and 4×4 MIMO.
- The Snapdragon comes integrated with Adreno 642 GPU that comes with updatable drivers support and can provide graphics performance somewhere between Adreno 640 ( comes paired with Snapdragon 855 ) and Adreno 650 ( comes integrated with Snapdragon 865).
- The Snapdragon 780G is based on the latest Samsung 5nm fabrications process that is more power-efficient compared to previous generation chipsets.
- The Qualcomm SD 780G features Wi-Fi 6E, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac), 802.11a/b/g/n and can provide up to 3.6 Gbps of peak speeds.
- The Snapdragon 780G 5G is an octa-core processor that includes 1x Cortex-A78 cores @2.4 GHz, 3x Cortex-A78 cores @2.2 GHz, and 4x Cortex-A55 cores @1.9 GHz.
- The processor comes with Qualcomm Spectra 570 Image Signal Processor that can provide up to 2.5 Gigapixels per Second computer vision ISP. The chipset is capable of providing up to 192 MP Photo Capture, up to 25 MP triple camera @ 30 FPS with Zero Shutter Lag, up to 64+20 MP dual camera @ 30 FPS with Zero Shutter Lag, and up to 84 MP single camera @ 30 FPS with Zero Shutter Lag.
- The SD 780G can support FHD+ @ 144 Hz on-device display and 4K @ 60 Hz external display, 10-bit colour depth, HDR10 and HDR10+.
- The chipset supports GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, and NavIC location systems.
- It also comes with the latest Bluetooth 5.2 with Dual Bluetooth antennas, LE Audio Features, and Qualcomm® aptX™ suite.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G supports LPDDR4 RAM with a maximum of 2100Mhz clock speeds and up to 16GB memory density and it also supports UFS 3.1 fast storage.
The Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite or Mi 11 youth is said to be the first smartphone to come powered with the Snapdragon 780G 5G. The processor specifications are really impressive and it can also beat Snapdragon 855 in terms of performance. This clearly shows how the upper mid-range chipsets performance are increasing drastically generation from a generation that they can even challenge the previous generation chipsets.