Snapdragon 780G vs Snapdragon 750G, the comparison between the two upper mid-range 5G chipsets from Qualcomm. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G is revealed recently while the Snapdragon 750G was revealed back in September last year. Let’s see how the newly launched chipset will compete against the older processor.
- Snapdragon 780G has the latest Cortex A78 cores because of which the performance is on the next level compared to Snapdragon 750G.
- The Adreno 642 GPU on SD 780G is a better GPU compared to Adreno 619 on SD 750G.
- The latest launched Snapdragon 780G is based on a 5nm fabrication process while the Snapdragon 750G is built on an 8nm fabrication process.
- The Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G has LPDDR5 RAM support while Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G doesn’t.
- The SD 780G comes with the support of the latest Bluetooth 5.2 while the SD 750G supports Bluetooth 5.1.
- The Snapdragon 780G comes with the latest ISP with better camera support.
Snapdragon 780G vs Snapdragon 750G – Specifications
|CPU||1x Cortex-A78 cores @2.4 GHz|
3x Cortex-A78 cores @2.2 GHz
4x Cortex-A55 cores @1.9 GHz
|2x Cortex A77 @ 2.2 GHz|
6x Cortex A55 @ 1.8 GHz
|GPU||Adreno 642||Adreno 619|
|Connectivity||Snapdragon X53 5G Modem|
3.3 Mbps Downlink speed
1.5 Mbps Uplink Speed ( expected)
|Snapdragon™ X52 5G Modem|
3.7 Mbps Downlink speed
1.6 Mbps Uplink Speed
|Memory Controller||[email protected]|
up to 16GB
|LPDDR4x @2133 MHz|
up to 12GB
|Storage||UFS 3.1 ( Max )||UFS 2.1 ( Max )|
|Display||FHD+ @ 144 Hz||FHD+ @ 120 Hz|
|Wi-Fi||802.11a/b/g/n/ax, Wi-Fi 6E||802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 802.11ax-ready|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.2||Bluetooth 5.1|
|Camera||Qualcomm Spectra™ 570 ISP|
3 x 25MP ( with ZSL )
64MP + 20MP ( with ZSL )
1 x 84MP ( with ZSL )
up to 192MP single camera
|Qualcomm Spectra™ 355L ISP|
32MP+ 16MP with ZSL
up to 192MP single camera
|Video||up to 4k video capture||up to 4K video capture|
|Location||GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, NavIC||GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS,|
Snapdragon 780G vs Snapdragon 750G – Benchmarks
As per some reports, the Snapdragon 780G powered Mi 11 youth Edition grabs a score of 693 in single-cores and 2058 in multi-cores on Geekbench 5, and a 5,00,000+ Antutu score. While the Snapdragon 750G chipset is able to get scores of 655 in single-cores and 1990 in multi-cores and 3,28,900 ANTUTU scores. The Snapdragon 780G scores are not official yet but definitely, the Snapdragon 780G will beat SD 750G in terms of performance.
Snapdragon 780G is a better chipset compared to Snapdragon 750G undoubtedly in terms of performance, camera support, display support, new AI engine, NPU support, and more.