While UPI transactions are convenient, on the other hand it is also common for money to be transferred to the wrong account during a transaction. In some easy ways, you can get back the money transferred to the wrong account.
In today’s time, online payment is the easiest way of all kinds of transactions. Through digital wallets such as Paytm UPI, Google Pay, BHIM, PhonePe, we can easily transact anywhere, anytime. With its help, you can avoid the long line of ATM and there is no chance of cash miss. UPI transaction is quite convenient, but it is also common for money to be transferred to the wrong account during the transaction. Today we are going to tell you the methods, with the help of which you can report the money transferred to the wrong account during UPI transaction as well as get that money back.
If you have sent money through Paytm to another person’s account, you can directly contact that person and ask them to return your money. If you are unable to contact the person, you can contact the recipient’s bank. If still you are not able to talk to the beneficiary, then you can contact Paytm through 24×7 help section. For this the following steps have to be followed:
- In the Paytm app, tap on the profile picture menu on the top left.
- Scroll down and tap on 24×7 Help & Support.
- Then scroll down and click on View All Services. Go to UPI Payment & Money Transfer.
- Here select the wrong transaction for which you want to report.
- You can initiate a chat with Paytm Assistant to register a complaint and initiate the refund process.
If the recipient has a Paytm account, Paytm team will try to contact the receiver and refund the amount after getting consent. But if the receiver does not have an account with Paytm, then Paytm team will contact the receiver’s bank and they will coordinate with the same. If the recipient consents, the funds will be immediately refunded to your account.
read this also: Pay like this with WhatsApp Pay, get attractive cashback too, learn step by step method
- In the BHIM app, tap on the hamburger menu (three lines) at the top right.
- Go to Raise Complaint.
- Select the transaction for which you want to report.
- Click on Raise a Concern to fill the details online or you can also raise it over the phone through the toll-free number by clicking on Call bank.
- Open the Google Pay app on your phone, scroll down and click on Show all transaction history, then select the transaction for which you want to report a complaint.
- Now click on the Having issues button below. (It will appear after two days from the date of transaction).