Snapdragon 778G vs MediaTek Dimensity 1080, the ultimate comparison between the upper mid-range chipsets of Different OEMs. Let’s see how Dimensity 1080 from the Taiwan-based chip manufacturer will compete against the SD 778G from Qualcomm which was unveiled back in 2021.
- SD 778G features 4 x Cortex A78 performance cores while the Dimensity 1080 comes with 2 x Cortex A78 cores. The higher-frequency cores on MTK 1080 indicates higher performance but the presence of more performance cores(Cortex A78 cores) on Snapdragon 778G hints at sustainable and good performance.
- Qualcomm 778G can even support QHD+ @60Hz, and FHD+ @144Hz on-device display support while the MTK Dimensity 1080 comes with Full-HD+ @120Hz at max.
- The Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G comes with a better Camera ISP compared to MediaTek Dimensity 1080. The MediaTek SoC can support up to 200MP single camera lens while the Snapdragon chip limits to 192MP solo camera support.
- The Snapdragon X53 5G modem that comes integrated with Snapdragon 778G can provide better 5G connectivities and speeds compared to the 5G modem on Dimensity 1080.
Snapdragon 778G vs MediaTek Dimensity 1080
MediaTek Dimensity 1080
|CPU||1x Cortex-A78 cores @2.4 GHz|
3x Cortex-A78 cores @2.2 GHz
4x Cortex-A55 cores @1.9 GHz
|2x Arm Cortex-A78 up to 2.6GHz|
6x Arm Cortex-A55 up to 2.0GHz
|GPU||Adreno 642L||Arm Mali-G68 MC4|
|19 May 2021||11 Oct 2022|
|Connectivity||Snapdragon X53 5G Modem|
up to 3.7 Gbps Downlink speed
up to 1.6 Gbps Uplink Speed
|Integrated 5G Modem|
2.7 Gbps Downlink speed
up to 1.2 Gbps uplink speed
up to 16GB
|LPDDR5 and LPDDR4x RAM support|
|Storage||UFS 3.1 ( max )||UFS 3.1 ( max )|
|up to FHD+ @120Hz|
|Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi 6 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax), Wi-Fi 6E||Wi-Fi 6 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax)|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.2||Bluetooth 5.2|
|Camera||Qualcomm Spectra™ 570 ISP|
3 x 25MP ( with ZSL )
64MP + 20MP ( with ZSL )
1 x 84MP ( with ZSL )
up to 192MP single camera
|2 x 20MP|
up to 200MP single camera
|Video||up to 4k@30 fps video capture||up to 4k@30 fps video capture|
|Location||GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, NavIC||GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, NavIC|
Snapdragon 778G vs MediaTek Dimensity 1080 – Benchmarks
Geekbench Single-Core Benchmark
- SD 778 – nearly 770
- MTK Dimensity 1080 – around 800
Geekbench Multi-Core Benchmark
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G – 2800 approximately
- MediaTek Dimensity 1080 – 2400 nearby
ANTUTU8 Benchmark Scores
- Snapdragon 778G- around 5,30,000
- Dimensity 1080 – nearly 5,30,000
Both of the chipsets get nearly equal scores in the benchmark. Keep in mind that these scores differ from smartphone to smartphone so we can’t say that the device powered by the Snapdragon 778G is better than the Dimensity 1080 one it totally depends that how the company has optimized the chipset and handset.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G vs MediaTek Dimensity 1080 – Conclusion
As per the above comparisons, Both chipsets are good performers but it totally depends that at how much price these chips are offering. If you get a smartphone having the MediaTek Dimensity 1080 at a lower price than the Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G powered device (Keeping all other specifications the same) then go for the MediaTek’s one or vice versa.