WhatsApp is one of the most popular chatting apps used worldwide. It is also used by millions of people in India. And keeping in mind the convenience of this large number of users, the instant messaging platform is also constantly updating itself, as a result of which new features are added one after another. For example, in the past few weeks WhatsApp company has launched or is doing multiple features like chat lock, status update tool, starting from new interface; Initially available in beta version of the platform but slowly everyone (read stable users too) is now getting a chance to use it. In that case, in this report we will share a list of the latest features that can be used in WhatsApp. This will let you know about new features and make sure you have access to them.
WhatsApp will now have these 5 latest features
1. New interface: Just a few days ago, Meta-owned WhatsApp introduced major changes to the interface and design of its Android beta app. Now chat, call, community and status tabs are displayed at the bottom of the screen like on iPhone. Due to this change, the same design will appear on different mobile platforms. Moreover, switching from one tab to another doesn’t have to be a hassle.
2. Chat Lock: Now many of the WhatsApp users can lock specific chats personally. The option to lock the app was already available, but now one or more individual chats and group chats can be locked separately. Due to this feature, even if someone else opens WhatsApp, they will not be able to see private chats.
3. Status Update Tool: WhatsApp has had an option to set 24-hour status for about five-six years. Now, some new customizations (like text overlay tool, new font etc.) have been added to this status option. Not only this, now there is an option to set audio clips of up to 30 seconds as voice status updates on this platform.
4. WearOS Support: Users who have an Android based WearOS smartwatch will now have the facility to install WhatsApp and chat on the screen of their modern wristwatch.
5. Disappearing message: If you turn on the ‘disappearing message’ option on WhatsApp, they will be deleted automatically after a certain period of time. But now the company has introduced a feature called ‘Keep Message’, which can be used to save any important message from a disappearing chat, that is, even if the entire chat disappears, that specific message will remain.