MediaTek Dimensity 800U vs Snapdragon 720G, is the ultimate comparison between the mid-range smartphone chipsets. The snapdragon 720G was revealed in early 2020 while the MediaTek Dimensity 800U is launched in August last year. Let’s see how the SD 720G can compete with MTK Dimensity 800U.
- MediaTek Dimensity 800U has slightly higher clock speeds compared to SD 720G.
- The Mali G57 MC3 GPU is a better GPU compared to Adreno 618 on Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G.
- The MTK Dimensity 800U comes with the support of 5G while the SD 720G is 4G enable only.
- The MediaTek Dimensity 800U is the latest launched hence it is built on a 7nm fabrication process while the Snapdragon 720G is based on an 8nm fabrication process.
- The Dimensity 800U has faster RAM support and the latest UFS 2.2 support while the Snapdragon 720G lacks.
- The Qualcomm SD 720G comes with the support of NavIc while MediaTek Dimensity 800U doesn’t support that.
MediaTek Dimensity 800U vs Snapdragon 720G – Specifications
MediaTek Dimensity 800U
|CPU||2x Cortex-A76 @ 2.3GHz|
6x Cortex-A55 @ 1.8GHz
|2x Cortex A76 @ 2.4 GHz|
6x Cortex A55 @ 2.0 GHz
|GPU||Adreno 618||Mali-G57 MC3|
|Connectivity||800 Mbps peak download speed ( 4G )||2300 Mbps peak download speed ( 5G )|
|Memory Controller||2x 16-bit CH @ 1866MHz LPDDR4X||2x 16-bit CH @ 2133MHz LPDDR4X|
|Storage||emmC 5.1,UFS 2.1 ( Max )||emmC 5.1,UFS 2.2 ( Max )|
|Display||2520×1080 pixels @120Hz ( Max Resolution )||2520×1080 [email protected] ( Max Resolution )|
|Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi 6 ready, Wi-Fi 5||Wi-Fi 5|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.1||Bluetooth 5.1|
|Camera||Dual Spectra 250L ISP|
1x 32MP with ZSL (Zero Shutter Lag )
1 x 48MP with Multi-Frame Noise Reduction
16MP + 16MP with ZSL
up to 192 single camera
|Max Camera ISP|
1 x 64MP
20MP + 16MP
up to 64MP single camera
|Video ( Video Capture )||up to [email protected]||up to [email protected]|
|Charging||Quick Charge 4.0 technology||Fast Charging Support|
|Location||GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, SBAS, NavIC||GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS|
MediaTek Dimensity 800U vs Snapdragon 720G – Benchmarks
The Snapdragon 720G scores 571 in single-cores and 1706 in multi-cores while the MediaTek Dimensity 800U grabs 620 in single-cores and 1910 in multi-cores on Geekbench 5. The MediaTek Dimensity 800U powered smartphone able to grab 3,26,000 scores while the Snapdragon one scores 2,80,000 on ANTUTU Benchmark. The MediaTek Dimensity 800U is the clear winner in terms of benchmarks. However, the benchmarks differ from smartphone to smartphone so these scores can’t judge the real-world performance.
MediaTek Dimensity 800U vs Snapdragon 720G – Conclusion
In most of the scenarios the MediaTek Dimensity 800U outperforms the Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G. Even if the 5G is not the main priority the Dimensity 800U is way better in terms of performance compared to SD 720G.