Snapdragon 778G vs Snapdragon 765G, the comparison between two upper mid-range 5G chipsets from Qualcomm. Snapdragon 778G launched recently while the Snapdragon 765G was revealed back in December 2010. Let’s see how the newly launched SD 778G can compete against the SD 765G or not.
- Snapdragon 778G is built on a 6nm fabrication process while the Snapdragon 765G is based on a 7nm fabrication process that means SD 778G is more power-efficient.
- SD 778G comes with the latest Cortex A78 performance cores that can provide better performance compared to Cortex A76 cores on SD 765G
- SD 778G is integrated with the latest Snapdragon X53 5G modem but it provides lesser downlink speeds compared to Snapdragon X52 5G modem on Snapdragon 765G.
- Snapdragon 778G can support 144Hz fast refresh rate display but SD 765G can support up to 120Hz displays on FHD+ resolution.
- Adreno 642GL GPU on Snapdragon 778 is far better than Adreno 620 on Snapdragon 765G
- Qualcomm SD 778G comes with a better Camera ISP hence better camera support.
Snapdragon 778G vs Snapdragon 765G – Specifications
|CPU||1x Cortex-A78 cores @2.4 GHz|
3x Cortex-A78 cores @2.2 GHz
4x Cortex-A55 cores @1.9 GHz
|1x Cortex A76 @ 2.4 GHz|
1x Cortex A76 @ 2.2 GHz
6x Cortex A55 @ 1.8 GHz
|GPU||Adreno 642GL||Adreno 620|
|Connectivity||Snapdragon X53 5G Modem|
3.3 Mbps Downlink speed
1.5 Mbps Uplink Speed ( expected)
|Snapdragon X52 5G Modem|
3.7 Mbps Downlink speed
1.6 Mbps Uplink Speed
|Memory Controller||[email protected]|
up to 16GB
up to 12GB
|Storage||UFS 3.1 ( max )||UFS 2.1 ( Max )|
FHD+ @ 120 Hz
|Wi-Fi||802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi 6E||802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi 802.11ax-ready|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.2||Bluetooth 5.0|
|Camera||Qualcomm Spectra™ 570 ISP|
3 x 25MP ( with ZSL )
64MP + 20MP ( with ZSL )
1 x 84MP ( with ZSL )
up to 192MP single camera
|Spectra™ 355 ISP|
1 x 36MP @30fps with ZSL
2 x 22MP @30fps with ZSL
up to 192MP single camera
|Video||up to 4k video capture||up to 4k video capture|
|Charging||Qualcomm Quick Charge 5.0||Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0+|
|Location||GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, NavIC||GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, NavIC, SBAS|
Snapdragon 778G vs Snapdragon 765G – Benchmarks
Snapdragon 765G powered smartphone is able to grab a score of 693 in single-cores and 2058 in multi-cores on Geekbench 5 and also scored 3,30,000+ score on ANTUTU Benchmark. Snapdragon 778G is revealed recently and there is no phone revealed with that chipset so there are no benchmarks available for this chipset but the chipset is expected to score 700+ in single cores and 2000+ in multi-cores and 4,50,000+ in multi-cores.
Snapdragon 778G is a better choice compared to Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G. Almost in every manner, Snapdragon 778G is a better chipset compared to Snapdragon 765G but as the SD 778G does not arrive in any smartphone so actual performance can’t be compared but on specifications, part SD 778G is definitely a better chipset.