Snapdragon 778G vs Snapdragon 695, the ultimate comparison between the mid-range chipsets of California-based Chip manufacturers. Let’s see how SD 778G will compete against SD 695. Although both of the chipsets were launched in 2021 but nowadays companies are launching many smartphones with these SoCs so this article might help in getting a detailed comparison between them.
- Snapdragon 778G comes with 4 x Cortex A78 performance cores while the Snapdragon 695 comes with 2 x Cortex A78 cores. The presence of more powerful cores indicates sustained and more performance.
- The Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G comes with an upgraded GPU that can provide better Graphics while Gaming and also can provide better video rendering speeds.
- SD 778G boasts QHD+ @60Hz, and FHD+ @144Hz on-device display support while SD 695 comes with FHD+ @120Hz at max.
- The Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G has better Camera support or Camera ISP compared to Qualcomm Snapdragon 695.
- The Snapdragon X53 5G modem that comes integrated with Snapdragon 778G is the latest than the Snapdragon X51 5G modem which comes along with SD 695 and can provide better 5G connectivities.
- The SD 778G can support up to 3200MHz LPDDR5 RAM while SD 695 limits to 2133MHz LPDDR4x RAM support.
- The Qualcomm 778G has Wi-Fi 6 support but Snapdragon 695 doesn’t.
Snapdragon 778G vs Snapdragon 695
|CPU||1x Cortex-A78 cores @2.4 GHz|
3x Cortex-A78 cores @2.2 GHz
4x Cortex-A55 cores @1.9 GHz
|2x Cortex-A78 cores @2.2 GHz|
6x Cortex-A55 cores @1.7 GHz
|GPU||Adreno 642L||Adreno 619|
|Connectivity||Snapdragon X53 5G Modem|
up to 3.7 Gbps Downlink speed
up to 1.6 Gbps Uplink Speed
|Snapdragon X51 5G Modem|
up to 2.5 Gbps Downlink speed
up to 1.5 Gbps Uplink Speed
up to 16GB
|2×16 LPDDR4x @ 2133 MHz|
|Storage||UFS 3.1 ( max )||UFS 2.2 ( max )|
|up to FHD+ @120Hz|
|Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi 6 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax), Wi-Fi 6E||Wi-Fi 5 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac)|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.2||Bluetooth 5.2|
|Camera||Qualcomm Spectra™ 570 ISP|
3 x 25MP ( with ZSL )
64MP + 20MP ( with ZSL )
1 x 84MP ( with ZSL )
up to 192MP single camera
|Qualcomm Spectra™ 346 ISP|
3 x 13MP ( with ZSL )
25MP + 13MP ( with ZSL )
1 x 32MP ( with ZSL )
up to 108MP single camera
|Video||up to 4k video capture||up to Full-HD@60 fps video capture|
|Location||GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, NavIC||GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, NavIC|
Snapdragon 778G vs Snapdragon 695 – Benchmarks
Geekbench Single-Core Benchmark
Geekbench Multi-Core Benchmark
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 – 2000 approximately
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G – 2800 nearby
ANTUTU8 Benchmark Scores
- Snapdragon 695 – around 4,00,000
- Snapdragon 778G – nearly 5,30,000
These scores clearly signify that Qualcomm’s 778G chipset is slightly better than Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 695 processor. Keep in mind that these scores differ from smartphone to smartphone so we can’t say that the device powered by the Snapdragon 778G is better than the Snapdragon 695 one it totally depends on how the company has optimized the chipset and handset.
Snapdragon 778G vs Snapdragon 695 – Conclusion
As per the above comparisons, it is clear that Snapdragon 778G is a better chipset in almost every aspect. Both chipsets are good performers but it depends on how much these chips are offering. The SD 695 is a good chipset for a mid-range smartphone while the SD 778G is a good processor for an upper mid-range device.