Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 was announced as the upper mid range chipset. The company has confirmed that the Xiaomi, Honor, and Oppo will launch their devices powering with the new chipset. Oppo Reno 8 Pro is touted to be the world’s first phone to come with Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 SoC which is going to be revealed on may 23 in China.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 Specifications and Features
- The SoC is built on 4nm fabrication process.
- It is an octa-core processor including 4 x Cortex-A710 cores and 4 x Cortex-A510 cores with a frequency of up to 2.4 GHz.
- It is coupled with an Adreno 662 GPU which is stated to offer 20 percent faster performance than its predecessor.
- The SoC comes integrated with Snapdragon X62 5G modem with 4.4 Gbps downlink speed, 2×2 MIMO mm Wave, and 4×4 MIMO sub-6GHz.
- The chipset supports Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, and Snapdragon Sound and aptX.
- The Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 features supports for up to QHD+ 60Hz or FHD+ 144Hz display.
- In terms of camera, the chip can support up to 200MP single camera, 64MP + 20MP dual camera @30fps with ZSL (Zero Shutter Lag), and 25MP triple camera @30fps with ZSL.
- The processor includes triple 14-bit ISPs, 4K HDR Video Capture @30 FPS, 720p @480 FPS slow motion, HDR10+, HDR10, and HLG formats.
- The company also bundled Android SE and a Trusted Management Engine to offer optimal security for digital keys and wallets.
- The Soc comes with most of the navigation satellites support including GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo, NavIC, and dual-frequency GNSS.
- It supports up to 16GB of LPDDR5 RAM @3200MHz and UFS 3.1 storage.
- The new SoC includes Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology.
For more details regarding the chipset you can visit the official website. Are you excited to see the performance and benchmarks of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 must comment down your thoughts in the comment section below. The performance of the processor will become more clear at the launch of Oppo Reno 8 Pro on May 23.