MediaTek Pentonic 2000 was unveiled as the new chipset in the smart TV family of processors. The new chipset is built on the company’s latest and innovative technologies in AI, display, audio, broadcasting, and connectivity, and will power next-gen flagship 8K TVs. As per the report, The company claims that the chipset features the TV industry’s fastest CPU and GPU.
MediaTek Pentonic 2000 Specifications and Features
- TSMC’s N7 (7nm-class) process for delivering next-level performance and efficiency.
- 8K 120Hz displays support.
- 144Hz gaming PCs and latest-gen consoles.
- Built-in MEMC support.
- MediaTek APU technology that intelligently upscales lower resolution content while performing real-time quality enhancements as well.
- MediaTek’s Intelligent View technology that allows multiple picture-by-picture (PbP) or picture-in-picture (PiP) screens.
- Fueled ultra-wide memory bus and ultra-fast UFS 3.1 storage.
- MediaTek’s Wi-Fi 6E or 5G cellular modems for fastest wireless connectivity.
- 8K content streaming.
- Versatile Video Coding (VVC) H.266 media support.
- improved compression efficiency.
- Dolby’s latest imaging and audio technologies.
- Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos to provide a true cinematic experience.