MediaTek Helio G35 vs Snapdragon 662, is the ultimate comparison between lower mid-range chipsets. The MediaTek Helio G35 was revealed back in June 2020 while the Snapdragon 662 debuted back in January 2020. Let’s see how the MediaTek Helio G35 and Snapdragon 662 chipsets can compete with each other.
- Snapdragon 662 has performance cores of Cortex A73 despite of higher clock speeds of Cortex A53 cores on MediaTek Helio G35 Snapdragon 662 is better in terms of performance.
- Adreno 610 on SD 662 is a better GPU compared to IMG PowerVR GE8320 on MTK Helio G35.
- SD 662 is a more power-efficient chipset rather than MTK Helio G35.
- Snapdragon 662 comes integrated with the support of NavIc while the MediaTek Helio G35 doesn’t.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 comes with the support of Wi-Fi 6 Ready while Helio G35 doesn’t.
- MTK Helio G35 supports Bluetooth 5.0 while Snapdragon 662 comes with upgraded Bluetooth 5.1.
MediaTek Helio G35 vs Snapdragon 662 – Specifications
MediaTek Helio G35
|CPU||8x 2.3 GHz – Cortex-A53||4x 2 GHz – Cortex-A73|
4x 1.8 GHz – Cortex-A53
|GPU||IMG PowerVR GE8320||Adreno 610|
|Connectivity||Cat-7 / Cat-13||Cat-7 DL / Cat-13 UL|
|Memory Controller||LPDDR4X @ 1600MHz|
LPDDR3 @ 933MHz
|2x 16-bit CH @ 1866MHz LPDDR4X|
|Storage||eMMC 5.1||emmC 5.1,UFS 2.1 ( Max )|
|Display||2400 x 1080 @60Hz ( Max Resolution )||2520×1080 pixels @60Hz ( Max Resolution )|
|Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi 5 (b/g/n/ac)||Wi-Fi 6 ready, Wi-Fi 5|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.0||Bluetooth 5.1|
|Camera||Max Camera ISP|
1 x 25MP
13MP + 13MP
up to 25MP single camera
|Qualcomm Spectra 340T ISP|
1x 25MP with ZSL (Zero Shutter Lag )
1 x 25MP with Multi-Frame Noise Reduction
16MP + 16MP with ZSL
up to 48MP single camera
|Video ( Video Capture )||up to 1080P @ 30 fps||up to 1080P @ 60 fps|
|Charging||Fast Charging Support||Quick Charge 3.0 technology|
|Location||Beidou, Galileo, Glonass, GPS, QZSS||GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, SBAS, NavIC|
MediaTek Helio G35 vs Snapdragon 662 – Benchmarks
The Snapdragon 662 scores 310 in single-cores and 1410 in multi-cores while the MediaTek Helio G70 grabs 179 in single-cores and 983 in multi-cores on Geekbench 5. The MediaTek Helio G35 powered smartphone able to grab 1,12,400 scores while the Snapdragon one scores 1,82,300 on ANTUTU Benchmark. The Snapdragon 662 grabs slightly more benchmark scores and however, these benchmarks differ from smartphone to smartphone so these scores can’t judge the real-world performance.
Snapdragon 662 is undoubtedly a better chipset in performance, camera support, RAM support, and more. MediaTek Helio G35 chip is good for devices below Rs. 8,000 while the Snapdragon 662 will be a good offering under Rs. 8,000 – Rs. 10,000.