MediaTek Dimensity 930 was announced along with Dimensity 1050 and Helio G99 4G chipsets. It is the successor of the last year’s launched Dimensity 920 with some minor enhancements. The new processor can even support the high-end UFS 3.1 storage, dual sim 5G support, and more.
MediaTek Dimensity 930 Specifications and Features
- Dimensity 930 is an octa-core chipset including 2 x Cortex A78 cores clocked at 2.2 GHz while they are clocked at 2.5GHz on Dimensity 920 and 6 x Cortex A55 cores clocked at 2.00 GHz.
- The chipset comes integrated with the IMG BXM-8-256 GPU.
- It supports LPDDR5 RAM and even high-end UFS 3.1 storage.
- The processor can support up to 120Hz Full-HD+ ( 1080 x 2520 pixels ) display with HDR 10+.
- The company has bundled the MiraVision SCLTM ( Smart Contrast and Local Tone Mapping ) engine that enhances real-time video streaming.
- For connectivity, the chip includes Bluetooth 5.2, Wi-Fi 5, dual sim 5G, GPS, BeiDou, Glonass, Galileo, QZSS, and NavIC but it is sad that the Dimensity 930 doesn’t support Wi-Fi 6.
- MediaTek Dimensity 930 is built on a 6nm fabrication process due to which it can provide good power efficiency.
- MediaTek states that the new processor can detect faces 5 times faster.
- The SoC assists 2CC carrier aggregation and mixed duplex ( FDD + TDD ).
Although, the company hasn’t revealed the name of the smartphones or the name of the company that is going to bring the chipset first into the market but MediaTek has stated that the company is working with Android smartphone manufacturers to bring the device powered by this chipset as soon as Q2 2022. You can also visit the official website for more information.