A very simple formula works to calculate the percentage. Which you will be able to understand easily in this post.
In childhood, everyone is taught the formula to calculate percentage i.e. percentage (%) in English, but whenever it comes to calculate percentage, people often get upset. At the same time, people who have not studied much also often face difficulties in calculating the percentage. Let us tell you that it is very easy to find the percentage. Which you can learn in a pinch. Next, you can see a very easy way to calculate percentage in this post.
how to calculate percentage
A very simple formula works to calculate the percentage. Which you can understand with below steps.
Suppose you have gone to the market for shopping. You have liked a product whose price is Rs.1000. You are being given a discount of 40 percent on this product, so to get the percentage, you have to divide the percentage of 40 by 100 and multiply it by 1000. The percentage will appear in front of you.
- Product Price: Rs.1000
- Discount Percentage : 40 % Percentage
- percentage formula
- 40 / 100 x 1000 = 400
- Which means you will save Rs.400 by getting 40% off on a product worth Rs.1000.
If you want to know how much discount you got, then you should subtract the marks appeared in the result from the total of 1000. By doing this, you will know how much the product cost you.
- Now instead of 1000, how much money you have to pay, for this do 1000 minus -400 = 400
- That is, you will have to pay Rs.600 for a product worth Rs.1000.
how to calculate percentage from calculator
- It is even easier to extract the percentage from the calculator, for this you must first open the calculator app on your phone.
- After the calculator is open, first type the number whose percentage is to be calculated, i.e. the total value.
- Now you have to press the percent sign above the calculator.
- After pressing Percent, type the number that you want to calculate as a percentage of the total number.
- After this type ‘=’, although without typing ‘=’ symbol also the result will appear in front of you.
second to remove percentage from calculator Example
- Suppose your child has got 400 marks in an examination. Where the total number of marks of the exam was kept at 600.
- In this case, you have to multiply 100 with 400 on the calculator.
- By doing this you will get 40000 results.
- Now you divide 40000 by 600, that is, divide it.
- By doing this, 66.6 result will appear in front of you. Which means your child has got 66.6 percent marks overall.
what is percentage
Explain about percentage that it is used in mathematics. Percentage is used in its name, which is broken down and read per hundred, which means numerical quantity out of every 100. It is also used as a % sign.
Why is percentage important?
From knowing about the results of the children present at home, other data, buying goods, cashback on credit card, debit card, loan, bank interest, percentage is very important almost everywhere. Apart from this, nowadays, deals and discounts are being offered a lot in the country and the world. Be it online platform or offline, percentage discount is available everywhere. Knowing the percentage, you can easily find out the discount available. Also read: How Gmail Help Me Write feature works, learn here