If you wish, you can also book Tatkal train tickets through IRCTC website or mobile app. Let us know what is the method…
If you prefer to travel by Indian Railways, but have not been able to book tickets in advance, then you can take advantage of the Tatkal booking scheme. IRCTC’s Tatkal booking scheme allows passengers to book train seats a day in advance of travel. If you wish, you can also book Tatkal train tickets through IRCTC website or mobile app. Let us know what is the method…
How to book Tatkal train ticket through IRCTC website
- To book Tatkal tickets online, first you have to visit the official website of IRCTC at irctc.co.in.
- Here you login using your IRCTC User ID and Password. If you do not already have an IRCTC account, then click on the Sign Up button and create your account.
- After signing in to the site, an option to ‘Book Tickets’ will appear, click on it.
- Now select the ‘Tatkal’ booking option. Then enter where you want to go from here. Also enter the date of journey, train and class details.
- You need to enter passenger details for booking.
- You can choose the berth preference as per your convenience. You also need to note that the lower berths are usually given to elderly passengers.
- Now go to the payment page reviewing the fare and other details.
- Here through which mode you want to pay, you have to choose it such as credit card, debit card, net banking, UPI etc.
- You can make the payment after confirming the booking details.
- After successful payment, you can download the e-ticket.
- Apart from this, you can also take the help of ask disha 2.0 for booking tatkal tickets.
How to book Tatkal train ticket through IRCTC app
- First of all download and install IRCTC app on your smartphone.
- After opening the IRCTC app, login. If you don’t already have an account, then signup.
- Now after clicking on the Tatkal Booking option, you can start the booking process.
- After that select your train and date of travel.
- Enter the required passenger details.
- Now as per your convenience, select the seat, class, berth.
- Confirm booking after reviewing the fare details.
- You can book tickets here using credit card, debit card or net banking.
- Check the payment status and wait for the confirmation.
- After the payment is confirmed, you can download the ticket from the app.
Try these tips for confirmed Tatkal ticket
- For Tatkal tickets, keep the booking form filled before the booking window opens.
- Keep the option of multiple devices for booking Tatkal tickets, such as computer, laptop, smartphone. This will increase your chances of getting a confirmed ticket.
- Before booking the ticket, make sure that the internet speed is fast. This increases the chances of getting tickets booked faster.
- Choose less popular or less demand trains for confirmed tickets. This increases the chances of getting a confirmed ticket.
- Select the lower berth while booking the ticket. For this, senior citizens are usually given preference and this can increase your chances of getting a confirmed ticket.
What is the booking time of IRCTC Tatkal ticket?
The booking window for AC class tickets (2A/3A/CC/EC/3E) opens at 10:00 AM, while tatkal tickets for non-AC classes (SL/FC/2S) can be booked from 11:00 AM onwards. Can
What is the fee for IRCTC Tatkal ticket?
When you book tatkal tickets, IRCTC charges people extra for this as it has to reserve seats for this scheme. Hence the cost of Tatkal ticket is higher than that of regular ticket. For example if a regular ticket costs Rs 900, then a Tatkal ticket for the same journey will cost around Rs 1300. Explain that the additional charge for Tatkal tickets is based on a percentage of the basic fare, which is 30 percent for all travel classes except second class (sitting). Tatkal ticket rate for second class (sitting) is 10 per cent.
How to cancel Tatkal tickets?
If you want to cancel your tatkal ticket, then after login to IRCTC go to ticket cancellation > select tatkal ticket > tap on cancel. Please note that Tatkal ticket can be canceled up to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the train subject to waiting/RAC status. If confirmed tickets are cancelled, then no refund is issued by IRCTC.
Also read: How to check railway confirmed ticket, know online and offline methods