Most people have some or the other UPI app in their mobile. In such a situation, if your phone is stolen or lost somewhere, then it is very important to block payment apps, otherwise you may suffer financial loss. Let us know how to block Paytm, Google Pay or Phone Pay account?
For digital payments in India, people use a lot of payment apps like phonepe, google pay, paytm etc. Most people have some or the other UPI app in their mobile. In such a situation, if your phone is stolen or lost somewhere, then it is very important to block payment apps, otherwise you may suffer financial loss. Let us know how to block Paytm, Google Pay or Phone Pay account?
In case of theft or loss of the phone, you can block your Paytm account temporarily. Its method is easy.
- Call Paytm Payments Bank Helpline Number 01204456456. Select the option for Last phoned. Then select the option to enter a different number and enter your lost phone number.
- After this, you can choose the option to log out of all devices. Then go to the Paytm website and scroll down to select 24×7 Help. Here you select the option of ‘Report a Fraud’ and click on any category.
- After this click on ‘Any issue’ and then click on the ‘Message Us’ button at the bottom. Now you need to submit a proof of account ownership which can be debit/credit card details containing Paytm account transactions, a confirmation email or SMS for Paytm account transactions, proof of ownership of phone number or lost Or there can be a police complaint proof against the stolen phone. Once this is done, then Paytm will block your account, after which you will receive a confirmation message.
Also Read: Forgot Username and Password of SBI YONO App? reset like this
Google Pay Account
If you use Google Pay account for payment on your phone, then you can block it in case of theft or loss.
- To block Google Pay account, users can call the helpline number 18004190157 and select the preferred language.
- Here select ‘Other issue’ in the select right option. Then choose here to speak to an expert who can help you unblock your Google Play account. Alternatively, Android users can also delete their data remotely.
You can also easily block your phone pay account. For this you have to follow these steps.
- Phone Pe users have to call 08068727374 or 02268727374. After choosing the preferred language you will be asked if you want to report a problem with your Phonepe account, press the appropriate number.
- After this you have to enter the registered number and an OTP will be sent for verification. After this select the option of not receiving OTP. You will be given the option to report a lost SIM or device, select it.
- You will then be connected with a representative who will ask for certain details like phone number, email id, last payment, last transaction etc. After that they will help you to block phone pe account. In this way, the payments apps present in the stolen or lost phone can be blocked.
Also read: How to change SBI Credit Card PIN online, know the easy way