Application for labor card can be made through CSC (Common Service Center) or through e-labor portal. If you want to apply online through e-Shram portal, then know what is the method…
Government of India has come up with e-Shram Yojana for the people working in the unorganized sector. Only people working in this sector can apply for labor card or e-labor card. Under this scheme people are provided pension, death insurance, financial assistance etc. after 60 years. Let us know how to register for e-Shram card…
Follow these steps for e-Shram Card registration
Application for e-Labour card can be made through CSC (Common Service Center) or through e-Labour portal. If you want to apply online through e-Shram portal, then follow the steps given below:
- Self-registration option for e-labour will be available on the home page of the e-labour portal itself, click on it.
- Then enter Aadhaar linked mobile number and captcha code and click on ‘Send OTP’ button.
- An OTP will be sent to the mobile number. Enter OTP and click on ‘Validate’ button.
- Enter the personal details appearing on the screen such as address, educational qualification etc.
- Select the skill name, business i.e. what work you are doing or what kind of work it is.
- Then enter bank details and select self declaration.
- Now you can click on preview to verify the option entered. If everything is correct, then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Now an OTP will be sent to the linked mobile number of Aadhaar. Enter OTP and click on ‘Verify’ button.
- After this your e-labor card will be generated, which you will be able to see on the screen. After that you can download it by tapping on the download button.
This is how you can download e-Shram Card
After applying online for e-Labour Card, follow the steps given below to download the card:
- After visiting the e-Shram website, click on the ‘Already Registered’ tab and then select the option of ‘Update/Download UAN Card’.
- Here you have to enter UAN number / Aadhaar number, date of birth, captcha code. After that click on ‘Generate OTP’ button.
- Now enter the OTP received on the mobile number and click on ‘Validate’ button.
- After this, personal details will appear on the screen, it has to be confirmed.
- Click on the option ‘Preview’ to verify the details entered. then on the ‘submit’ button
- Now an OTP will be sent to your mobile number. Enter OTP and click on ‘Verify’ button.
- E-Labour Card will be generated and it will also appear on the screen.
- Now click on the download option to download the e-Labour Card.
What are the benefits of this card?
Through the e-Shram scheme, the Ministry aims to improve the social security service of the people working in the unorganized sector as well as increase the social security and welfare benefits provided by the labor and other ministries. If you are an unorganized worker and have an e-Shram Card, then you can take advantage of these services:
- The card holder gets an insurance cover of Rs 2 lakh in the form of death insurance and financial assistance of Rs 1 lakh in case of disability.
- If the e-Labour card holder dies due to any accident, then the benefits attached to the card will be given to his wife.
- Registered workers also have the facility of Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan Yojana (PM-SYM) and National Pension Scheme for Traders (NPS-Traders).
- The card holder gets a 12-digit UAN number, which is valid throughout the country for a lifetime.
How to check card balance
- Visit the e-Shram portal to check the payment status of e-Shram card.
- Click on the link ‘E-Aadhaar Card Beneficiary Status Check’.
- After entering the E-Labour Card Number, UAN Number or Aadhaar Card Number, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- You will be able to see the E-Labour Payment Status.
Who are the unorganized workers?
People working in the unorganized sector who are not members of ESIC and EPFO are called unorganized workers. Self-employed workers or people working from home also come under the purview of unorganized workers.
Who can apply,
- Any unorganized worker or people working in unorganized sector can apply for this.
- Workers working in the unorganized sector should be between 16-59 years of age.
- It is necessary for the workers to have a mobile number linked to the Aadhaar card.
What documents will be needed
- Aadhar card
- mobile number linked to aadhaar card
- bank account
E-Labour Card Helpline Number
- E-Labour Card Helpline Toll-Free Number (Monday to Sunday) – 14434
- E-Labour Email Id – firstname.lastname@example.org
The facility of eShram is now also available on UMANG App. People working in the unorganized sector can also register with the help of this app. Click here for more information related to e-Labour Card.
Also read: Online method of making PAN card, learn here