In buying a new mobile we can easily select the preferred brand. Even deciding which company’s SIM to get for network connection is not a big deal for us. But the tricky part is choosing the phone number – even though you can choose any mobile network operator, the desired phone number is usually not available. At the time of buying the connection, you have to work with what is allocated. But Reliance Jio has changed the Indian telecom market as well. Leading telcos currently offer the ‘Choice Number’ scheme, through which both prepaid and postpaid customers can easily get a mobile number of their choice.
Jio allows you to use any mobile number you want
For those who don’t know, with Reliance Jio’s Choice Number Scheme, you get the freedom to choose the last 4 to 6 digits of your new Jio number. This means that even if you can’t select the full 10 digits of the whole number, you can include or customize a portion of it as your lucky number, date of birth or a favorite number sequence.
How to Customize New Jio Number?
1. To avail Jio Choice number scheme or to customize new Jio number you first need to go to self care section from Jio official website (Jio.com) or open the website directly. In this case the MyJio app of the phone can also be used.
2. Next step go to the ‘Choice Number’ section provided on the website. Or search for ‘Choice Number’ option by typing in search bar of MyJio app.
3. Then you select or enter the last 4 to 6 digits of your prepaid or postpaid JIO number as desired.
4. Once this is done go to the payment section and pay the fee of Rs.499.
5. Your new Jio number will be activated within 24 hours after payment.