Snapdragon 750G vs MediaTek Dimensity 800U, the ultimate comparison between the two mid-range 5G chipsets. The MediaTek Dimensity 800U was revealed back in August while the Snapdragon 750G was debuted in September. Let’s see how Qualcomm’s mid-range chipset can compete against MediaTek’s mid-range processor.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G comes with the latest Cortex A77 cores while the MediaTek Dimensity 800U comes with the Cortex A76 cores.
- MediaTek Dimensity 800U has higher clock speeds compared to Snapdragon 750G.
- SD 750G comes with a Snapdragon X52 5G modem that provides higher downlink and uplink speeds compared to a 5G modem on Dimensity 800U.
- The Snapdragon 750G comes with the support of Wi-Fi 6 Ready while the MediaTek Dimensity 800U doesn’t.
- The Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G comes with the support of NavIc while MediaTek Dimensity 800U doesn’t support that.
Snapdragon 750G vs MediaTek Dimensity 800U – Specifications
MediaTek Dimensity 800U
|CPU||2x Cortex A77 @ 2.2 GHz|
6x Cortex A55 @ 1.8 GHz
|2x Cortex A76 @ 2.4 GHz|
6x Cortex A55 @ 2.0 GHz
|GPU||Adreno 619||Mali-G57 MC3|
|Connectivity||Snapdragon™ X52 5G Modem|
3.7 Mbps Downlink speed
1.6 Mbps Uplink Speed
|2300 Mbps peak download speed ( 5G )|
|Memory Controller||LPDDR4x @2133 MHz|
up to 12GB
|LPDDR4x @2133 MHz|
up to 12GB
|Storage||UFS 2.1 ( Max )||emmC 5.1,UFS 2.2 ( Max )|
|Display||FHD+ @ 120 Hz||2520×1080 [email protected] ( Max Resolution )|
|Wi-Fi||802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 802.11ax-ready||Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.1||Bluetooth 5.1|
|Camera||Qualcomm Spectra™ 355L ISP|
32MP+ 16MP with ZSL
up to 192MP single camera
|Max Camera ISP|
1 x 64MP
20MP + 16MP
up to 64MP single camera
|Video||up to 4K video capture||up to [email protected]|
|Location||GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS,|
|GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS|
Snapdragon 750G vs MediaTek Dimensity 800U – Benchmark
Snapdragon 750G chipset is able to get scores of 655 in single-cores and 1990 in multi-cores on Geekbench 5 and scores 3,28,900 ANTUTU scores. while the MediaTek Dimensity 800U grabs 617 in single-cores and 1907 in multi-cores and scores 3,23,000 on ANTUTU. The scores of both the chipsets are nearly equal, although the Snapdragon 750G scores more with a little margin. However, these benchmarks differ from smartphone to smartphone so these scores can’t judge the real-world performance.
Both of the chipsets are powerful in terms of performance, camera support, display support, and more. The benchmarks hint that the Snapdragon 750G can provide better performance but in real life, the difference is not visible. So both the chipsets can be considered for performance and 5G connectivity.