One of the most popular and widely used instant messaging apps worldwide, including India, is WhatsApp. From chatting with your family members on Alochya platform to re-establishing contact with a friend or person you haven’t heard from for a long time by entering their mobile number. However, till now chatting with an unknown number on WhatsApp required users to save the number in the contact section of the device first. Which would be boring for many!
Because there is no point in filling up the phone’s contact list by unnecessarily saving a number for a short conversation. But you don’t have to face this problem from now on. Because the Meta-owned messaging platform has added a new feature in its latest update, which will allow WhatsApp users to chat without saving the number on the device.
How to chat from WhatsApp without saving number?
After a long wait, WhatsApp has finally launched a feature that will allow users to chat with unknown numbers that are not saved on the device. This new feature is available for both Android and iOS devices. After all the newly announced update is a stable version. Which means, the discussed feature can be used by every WhatsApp user in India. There is no requirement to be a beta tester. Below is the method how to chat from WhatsApp without saving the number on the device-
How to send WhatsApp messages without saving the number
1. To send a WhatsApp message without saving the number, first open the messaging app and tap on the ‘New Chat’ option.
2. Then a search bar will appear at the top of the display, here the unsaved phone number on the device has to be entered or copy-pasted.
3. Now you will see a loading icon with a text reading ‘Looking outside your contacts’.
4. If the number entered is correct and the person is using WhatsApp, a chat option with the name and picture of the person with the given number will appear on the screen.
5. Tapping on this chat option will open a new chat window. Here you can continue conversations with numbers not saved on the device
Incidentally, after opening the chat window, WhatsApp will provide an option to save the number in the contact list of the device. Simultaneously, a dedicated invite link sharing option will also be shown They are optional, that is, you may or may not choose.