Qualcomm today unveiled the next-generation flagship chipset named “Snapdragon 8 Gen 1”. The processor comes with a next-generation graphic processor, Cortex X2 performance cores, fourth-generation Snapdragon 5G modem, seventh-generation AI engine, iSim support, and more.
Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 Specifications and Features
- It is built on 4nm fabrication process.
- Octa-core chipset with 1 x Cortex X2 core clocked @3.0Ghz, 3 x Cortex A710 cores clocked @2.5GHz, and 4 x Cortex A510 efficiency clocked @1.8GHz.
- The new chipset is touted to provide 20 percent better performance, and 30 percent more power efficient compared to Snapdragon 888.
- The new Adreno GPU is touted to provide 30 faster graphics percent and is 25 percent more power efficient compared to the Adreno 660 GPU.
- New NPU with 18 bit ISP, better dynamic range, color, speeds, and Always on ISP feature.
- 8k HR video recording along with a new Bokeh Engine which results in portrait mode style shots to video.
- The new Snapdragon X65 5G modem integration which is compatible with existing mmWave and sub-6GHz and it has support of up to 10 Gbps speeds.
- It comes with seventh generation AI engine which is claimed to be four times faster and up to 1.7 times more power efficient.
- It supports Wi-Fi 6 and Wi-Fi 6 SE, Bluetooth LE Audio, Snapdragon Sound technology, AptX Lossless wireless audio, support for digital car keys, driver’s licenses, IDs, and e-money wallets.
- The processor has built-in iSIM support for directly connecting to cellular networks.
As per the report, The new Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset will power the devices from these OEMs including Black Shark, iQOO, Motorola, Oneplus, OPPO, Realme, Honor, Redmi, SHARP, Sony Corporation, Vivo, Xiaomi, Nubia, and ZTE. However, the Samsung and Googe is missing from the list might be because the companies are interesting in using the chipset manufactured by them.