PAN Card has become such an important document today that without it, many of your works may stop. Come on, what is PAN card? And how to apply it online.
Today, along with ‘Aadhaar Card’ in official documents, PAN Card is a necessary document. Let us tell you, the work of issuing PAN card to anyone in the country is done by the Income Tax Department. PAN card has become such an important document today that without it, many of your work can be stopped. Come on, what is PAN card? And how to apply it online.
What is PAN Card?
In ‘PAN Card’, PAN means Permanent Account Number and Permanent Account Number in Hindi. PAN card contains information related to the identity of any person. It can also be seen as an ID proof of any person. The number written on the PAN card is a total of 10 digits. It consists of 6 English letters and 4 numbers. Tax and investment related information is present in this card. Let us tell you, the PAN card number once issued is valid for lifetime and it is always the same for a person. It is illegal to have more than one PAN card. Possession of more than one card can attract a fine of Rs 10,000 under section 272B of the Income Tax Act, 1961.Also read: How to check challan online, work will be done in minutes
How to apply for PAN card online?
If you do not have PAN card till now, then let us tell you, you can also apply for PAN card online. You will probably be surprised to know that PAN card is made not only for humans but also for any business, department, government, ministry and any institution. If someone’s PAN card is lost, it can be made again, but its number remains the same. PAN Card can be applied for both offline and online. You can apply online by following these steps…
Documents required to apply for PAN card
- Identity Card like Aadhaar Card, DL, Voter ID
- Address proof such as electricity, landline or broadband connection bill
- Birth Certificate
Note: Only Indian citizens, NRE/NRI and OCI (Citizens of Indian Origin) who are 18 or above can apply for PAN Card.
- You can apply for PAN card on the website of NSDL and UTIITSL.
- After opening the website, click on ‘Apply Online’.
- After this scroll down and come to the DSC based PAN option.
- A new page will open in front of you where you will see the Apply for New PAN option at the bottom.
- Here you have to choose the category of applicant.
- After this fill the information in PAN Form 49A.
- Submit the form after filling the information.
- The applicant has to pay the online processing fee through Demand Draft.
- After submitting the form and fees, you will get a 15 digit number.
- After submitting the form, you have to courier the required documents to the NSDL office within 15 days. (The verification of PAN card is done by NSDL)
- After verification, the PAN card reaches the address mentioned in the form within 15 days.
Where is the need for PAN card?
- While filing IT return
- while opening a bank account
- to register a vehicle
- when buying or selling a car
- while taking telephone connection
- When buying jewelery above 5 lakhs
- while investing in securities
- On transactions above 50 thousand
- for insurance premium
- to measure income
- at the time of foreign exchange
- property, at the time of taking the loan
- FD at the time of cash deposit
- While paying an amount of more than Rs 25,000 at a time
- while traveling abroad
- to check cibil credit score
Also read: How to make Ayushman Card? Know what is the online method