MediaTek Helio G96 and MediaTek Helio G88 were revealed as the new chipsets in the MediaTek G-series. Both SoCs are focused on Mobile Photography as well as budget gaming. The Helio G96 debuted as the successor to the Helio G95 which was announced with the company’s HyperEngine game technology.
MediaTek Helio G96
MediaTek Helio G88
|CPU||2x [email protected]|
6x [email protected]
|2x [email protected]|
6x [email protected]
|GPU||Mali-G57 MC2||Mali-G52 MC2|
|Connectivity||Cat-7 DL |
|Memory Controller||LPDDR4x up to 8GB||LPDDR4x up to 8GB|
|Storage||UFS 2.2, eMMC 5.1||eMMC 5.1|
|Display||2520 x 1080 @120Hz||2520 x 1080 @90Hz|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.2||Bluetooth 5.0|
|Camera||16MP + 16MP,|
up to 108MP
|16MP + 16MP, |
up to 64MP
|Video||up to up to 4K 30fps, FHD 120fps, and HD 240fps.||Up to 2K @ 30 fps, 1080P @ 60 fps|
|Location||GPS, QZSS, GNSS, BeiDou, Galileo, NAVIC||Beidou, Galileo, Glonass, GPS|
MediaTek Helio G96 Specifications and Features
- Helio G96 supports up to Full-HD+ 120Hz display.
- The new SoC comes with HyperEngine 2.0 Lite technology.
- It supports up to LPDDR4X RAM and UFS 2.2 storage.
- The MTK Helio G96 supports up to 108-megapixel camera.
- For connectivity, the processor comes with Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth 5.2, fast Cat-13 4G LTE WorldMode modem integration, VoLTE and dual 4G SIM and ViLTE services.
- It is paired with Arm Mali-G57 MC2 GPU.
- The Helio G96 comes with 2x Cortex-A76 cores and 6x Cortex-A55 cores with maximum frequency clocked at 2.0 GHz.
- It supports GPS, QZSS L1+ L5, Galileo E1 + E5a, BeiDou B1C + B2a, and NAVIC geolocation system.
- The new MediaTek SoC comes with video playback up to 4K 30fps, FHD 120fps, and HD 240fps.
- Addtionally, the processor comes with 3X ISP; AI Face Detection; HW depth engine; AINR; Single-Cam/Dual-Cam Bokeh; Hardware Warping Engine (EIS); Rolling Shutter Compensation (RSC) engine; MEMA 3DNR; Multi-Frame Noise reduction
MediaTek Helio G88 Specifications and Features
- MediaTek Helio G88 supports up to Full-HD+ with 90Hz fast refresh rate.
- The chipset comes with Beidou, Galileo, Glonass, and GPS geo loaction system.
- For connectivity, the processor Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth 5.0, Cat-13 DL/ Cat-7 UL 4G LTE, VoLTE, dual 4G SIM and ViLTE services.
- The SoC sports octa-cores including 2x Cortex-A75 cores and 6 x Cortex-A55 cores with Max base frequency of 2.0GHz.
- It can accomodate up to 8GB LPDDR4X RAM and eMMC 5.1 storage.
- The MTK Helio G88 supports up to 64-megapixel camera.
- It comes coupled with Arm Mali-G52 MC2 GPU coupled with 1.00 GHz frequency.
- The new MediaTek SoC comes with video playback up to 2K @ 30 fps, and 1080P @ 60 fps.
- Additionally, the processor supports AI Face ID (Face Unlock), AI Smart Photo Album, Single-Cam/Dual-Cam Bokeh; Hardware Warping Engine (EIS); Rolling Shutter Compensation (RSC) engine; MEMA 3DNR; Multi-Frame Noise reduction.
MediaTek hasn’t revealed the smartphones which come powered with these chipsets and also the availability and pricing of the new chipsets are not revealed yet. But the smartphones powered with these chipsets will hit the market soon.