MediaTek Helio G95 vs Snapdragon 732G, comparison between the two mid-range chipsets. The MediaTek Helio G95 was launched in September 2020 while the Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G was revealed in August 2020. Let’s see how the two chipsets from different manufacturers will compete.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G has a higher clock frequency compared to MediaTek Helio G95.
- Snapdragon 732G is based on an 8nm fabrication process while the MTK Helio G95 was built on 12nm which means the SD 720G is more power-efficient.
- The MediaTek Helio G95 has a higher speed RAM support compared to Qualcomm SD 732G.
- SD 7232G has better Network MODEM with higher downlink speeds.
- Snapdragon 732G has Bluetooth 5.1 support while the Helio G95 comes with Bluetooth 5.0.
- SD 732G comes with the support of Wi-Fi 6 Ready while Helio G95 don’t.
- Qualcomm SD 732G can support up to 2k+ resolution on device display while G95 can only support up to FHD+ resolution.
- SD 732G comes with better Camera and video recording support.
MediaTek Helio G95 vs Snapdragon 732G – Specifications
MediaTek Helio G95
|CPU||2x Cortex A76 @ 2.05 GHz|
6x Cortex A55 @ 2.0 GHz
|2x Kryo 470 Gold@ 2.3 GHz|
6x Kryo 470 Silver@ 1.8 GHz
|GPU||Mali-G76 MC4 @900MHz||Adreno 618 +15% faster|
|MODEM||Cat-12 DL / Cat-13 UL (LTE: 600 Mbps down, 150 Mbps up)||Cat-15 DL / Cat-13 UL |
(LTE: 800 Mbps down, 150 Mbps up)
|DSP / NPU||Da Vinci||Hexagon 688 DSP|
|Memory Controller||2x 16-bit CH @ 2133MHz LPDDR4X||2x 16 -bit CH @ 1866MHz LPDDR4X|
|Wi-Fi||802.11a/b/g/n/ac||Wi-Fi 6-ready, 802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11a/b/g, 802.11n|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.0||Bluetooth 5.1|
|Display||2520 x 1080 @ 90/120 Hz||3360 x 1440 pixels ( Max Resolution )|
|Camera||Max Camera ISP|
1 x 48MP
16 + 24MP
up to 64MP single camera
|Dual Spectra 350 ISP|
1 x 36MP with ZSL
2 x 22MP with ZSL
up to 192MP single camera
|Video||up to 4K@30fps||up to 4K@60fps|
|Charging||Fast Charging Support||Quick Charge 4+ technology|
|Audio||–||Up to 384kHz/32bit|
|Location||GPS, Beidou, GLONASS, Galileo||Beidou, Galileo, GLONASS, |
GPS, QZSS, SBAS
MediaTek Helio G95 vs Snapdragon 732G – Benchmarks
MediaTek Helio G95 powered smartphone is able to grab a score of 520 in single-cores and 1590 in multi-cores while the Snapdragon 732G powered smartphone grabs 573 in single-cores and 1735 in multi-cores. On ANTUTU Benchmark Snapdragon 732G scores 3,04,457 and MediaTek Helio G95 grabs 2,97,000. The scores clearly shows that Snapdragon 732G is a winner. However, the benchmark scores vary from smartphone to smartphone and company to company so these scores doesn’t show the real performance but gives us an idea of the performance of the smartphone or the processor.
Snapdragon 732G is a better processor compared to MediaTek Helio G95 in terms of performance, multitasking, camera support, and more. However, the pricing is the key factor in deciding the chipset as you get MediaTek Helio G95 powered chipset at a cheaper price compared to Snapdragon 732G one. The difference in performance between these chipsets is not that much it can be compensated by the price.