MediaTek Dimensity 920 5G and Dimensity 810 5G have been launched with 6nm architecture and up to 120Hz Full HD+ display support. The Taiwanese chipset manufacturer added two new 5G chipsets to its Dimensity series.
The newly launched MediaTek Dimensity chipsets offer 5G standalone (SA) and non-standalone (NSA) architectures, 5G two carrier aggregation (2CC) including mixed-mode FDD+TDD, dynamic spectrum sharing (DSS) technology support, True Dual SIM 5G (5G SA + 5G SA) and Voice over New Radio (VoNR). The Dimensity 920 offers a 9% boost in gaming performance compared to its predecessor.
MediaTek Dimensity 920 5G features & Specs
- Enhanced Performance: It is an octa core CPU which is based on Arm Cortex-A78 that can reach 2.5GHz clock speeds and coupled with the latest LPDDR5 memory and UFS 3.1 storage.
- MediaTek Smart Adaptive Displays: Using this feature, The chipset is capable to adjusts the display refresh rate as per the game or UI action detected. It improves user experiences, and overall power efficiency of the SoC.
- 4K Video Capture Hardware Engine: In terms of the optics, MediaTek Dimensity 920 powered smartphone is able to capture the video up to 4K HDR resolution because of the HDR-native image signal processor. Further, The SoC includes the support up to four concurrent cameras and up to 108MP sensors.
- More Connectivity: For connectivity, It has dual 5G SIM support, dual VoNR, up to 2CC carrier aggregation, MediaTek 5G UltraSave power efficiency suite and 5G SA/NSA networking, 2×2 MIMO Wi-Fi 6 connectivity, Bluetooth 5.2 and multi-GNSS.
MediaTek Dimensity 810 5G features & Specs
- Faster Performance: Similar to the Dimensity 920 SoC, It is an octa core CPU which is based on Arm Cortex-A76 core, clocked up to 2.4GHz.
- Faster Displays: Mainstream 5G smartphones can now benefit from 120Hz displays for an ultra-smooth user experience.
- Incredible Cameras: For optics, It has advanced noise reduction techniques (MFNR & MCTF) to capture excellent low-light shots, and supports up to 64-Megapixel cameras. It also supports AI-Bokeh and artistic AI-Color in collaboration with Arcsoft.
The Corporate VP and GM of MediaTek’s Wireless Communications Business Unit said: “With the expanded Dimensity chipset series, MediaTek is providing device makers and smartphone users with the latest innovations at more accessible price points for the mainstream market”.
“Delivering a boost in performance, display intelligence and image brilliance, these new Dimensity chipsets will improve user experiences and deliver advanced 5G features and capabilities to 5G smartphones”, he added.
The new MediaTek Dimensity 920 and Dimensity 810 powered smartphones are expected to launch in the global market around Q3 2021.
- Vivo Y21A with 5000mah battery, MediaTek Helio P22 launched in India: Price, Specifications
- Tecno Pova Neo with 6000mah battery, 6.8-inch Dot notch display launched: Price, Specifications
- Realme 9 Pro Plus Specifications and Renders leaked ahead of launch
- Tecno Pop 5 Pro with 6000mah battery, 8MP Dual Rear Camera launched in India: Price, Specifications
- Xiaomi 11T Pro with 120Hz AMOLED display, Snapdragon 888 chipset launched in India: Price, Specifications