MediaTek Dimensity 900 vs Snapdragon 750G, the ultimate comparison between the upper mid-range 5G chipsets. MediaTek Dimensity 900 was revealed in Q1 this year while the Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G was revealed back in September last year. Let’s see how the recently launched Dimensity 900 will compete against Snapdragon 750G.
- MediaTek Dimensity 900 comes with the latest Cortex-A78 performance cores while Snapdragon 750G comes with previous generation Cortex-A77 cores.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G comes with a better 5G modem and 5G Downlink and uplink speeds compared to MediaTek Dimensity 900.
- MTK Dimensity 900 is based on the latest 6nm fabrication process while Snapdragon 750G is built on the 8nm fabrication process.
- Dimensity 900 comes with the support of LPDDR5 and UFS 3.1 storage while SD750G supports LPDDR4x RAM and emmC5.1/UFS 2.1 storage.
- As the MediaTek Dimensity 900 is the latest launch hence comes with the latest Bluetooth 5.2 while Snapdragon 750G comes with Bluetooth 5.1.
MediaTek Dimensity 900 vs Snapdragon 750G – Specifications
MediaTek Dimensity 900
|CPU||2x Cortex-A78 cores @2.4 GHz|
6x Cortex-A55 cores @2.0 GHz
|2x Cortex A77 @ 2.2 GHz|
6x Cortex A55 @ 1.8 GHz
|GPU||Arm Mali-G68 MC4||Adreno 619|
|Connectivity||Integrated 5G Modem|
2.7 Gbps Downlink speed
|Snapdragon™ X52 5G Modem|
3.7 Mbps Downlink speed
1.6 Mbps Uplink Speed
|Memory Controller||LPDDR5 and LPDDR4x RAM support||LPDDR4x @2133MHz|
up to 12GB
|Storage||UFS 3.1 ( max )||emmC 5.1, UFS 2.1 ( Max )|
|Display||up to FHD+ @120Hz||FHD+ @ 90/120 Hz|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.2||Bluetooth 5.1|
|Camera||2 x 20MP|
up to 108MP single camera
|Qualcomm Spectra™ 355L ISP|
1 x 48MP with MFNR
32MP+ 16MP with ZSL
up to 192MP single camera
|Video||up to 4k video capture||up to 4k video capture|
|Location||GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, NavIC||GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, NavIC, SBAS|
MediaTek Dimensity 900 vs Snapdragon 750G – Benchmarks
MediaTek Dimensity 900 powered smartphone is able to grab a score of around 710 in single-cores and scores nearly 2160 in multi-cores while Snapdragon 750G powered smartphone is able to grab a score of 655 in single-cores and 1990 in multi-cores on Geekbench 5. Talking about Antutu scores, the SD 750G powered smartphone scores 3,30,000+ while the Dimensity 900 scores more than 4,20,000.
MTK Dimensity 900 outperforms Snapdragon 750G in most of the scenarios. SD 750G has a better 5G modem compared to Dimensity 900. The benchmark scores also suggest that MediaTek Dimensity 900 is a better chipset for performance but keep in mind that Benchmark scores vary from smartphone to smartphone.