MediaTek Dimensity 1100 vs Snapdragon 870, comparison between chipsets from different manufacturers. Both of the chipsets are launched in January 2021 and are designed to deliver impressive performance to smartphones. Let’s see how the newly launched MediaTek chipset will compete against Qualcomm Snapdragon 870.
- Snapdragon 870 has higher clock speeds of 3.2 GHz while the MediaTek Dimensity 1100 has a peak frequency of 3.0 GHz.
- MTk Dimensity 1100 has Cortex A78 cores and built on 6nm fabrication while SD 870 has Cortex A77 cores and is built on a 7nm fabrication process.
- Snapdragon 870 with Adreno 650 has better graphic performance compared to Mali G77 MC9 on Dimensity 1100.
- Snapdragon 870 has 4k@60Hz display support but MediaTek has FHD+@144Hz display support.
- Snapdragon 870 has 8k resolution video capture support but Dimensity 1100 can capture the maximum of 4K video at 30 frames per second.
MediaTek Dimensity 1100 vs Snapdragon 870 – Specifications
MediaTek Dimensity 1100
|1x Kryo 585 Prime (Cortex-A77)@3.2GHz|
3x Kryo 585 Gold (Cortex-A77)@2.4GHz
4x Kryo 585 Silver (Cortex-A55)@1.8GHz
|GPU||Mali-G77 MC9||Adreno 650|
|Connectivity||4700 Mbps peak downlink speed and|
2500 Mbps Uplink Speed in 5G
|7500 Mbps peak downlink speed and|
3000 Mbps Uplink Speed in 5G
|Memory Controller||LPDDR4x up to 16GB||LPDDR5, LPDDR4x up to 16GB|
|Storage||UFS 3.1 ( Max )||UFS 3.1 ( Max )|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.2||Bluetooth 5.2|
|Camera||32MP + 16MP|
up to 108MP camera
|Qualcomm Spectra™ 480 ISP|
2 x 25MP ( with ZSL )
1 x 64MP ( with ZSL )
up to 200MP single camera
|Video||Up to 4K 30fps video capture||Up to 4K 120fps or 8K 30fps video capture|
|Location||GPS, BeiDou, Glonass, QZSS, Galileo, NavIC||GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo,|
GNSS, QZSS, SBAS, NavIC
MediaTek Dimensity 1100 vs Snapdragon 870 – Benchmarks
The Snapdragon 870 powered Redmi K40 smartphone grabs a score of 1024 in single-cores and 3482 in multi-cores on Geekbench 5 and 6,87,880 on ANTUTU Benchmark. While the MediaTek Dimensity 1100 powered Vivo S9 scores 854 in single-cores and 3537 in multi-cores and 5,78,700 on ANTUTU Benchmark. As per the scores, it can be concluded that Snapdragon 870 can perform well but these Scores vary from smartphone to smartphone.
MediaTek Dimensity 1100 comes with the latest Cortex A78 performance cores but Snapdragon 870 grabs slightly better single-core scores and ANTUTU scores. But due to better GPU SD 870 can provide better gaming performance but in day-to-day life both processors are comparable.