Do you know that there is a feature in WhatsApp that helps people to automatically reply to any message. This feature is known as auto-reply WhatsApp. However, this feature is more useful for WhatsApp Business users. Let us know how to set up the auto reply feature on WhatsApp?
Facebook-owned WhatsApp is one of the most used social media apps at the moment. This instant messaging app lets you send and receive texts to anyone, but did you know that WhatsApp has a feature that lets people automatically reply to any message? This feature is known as auto-reply WhatsApp. However, this feature is more useful for WhatsApp Business users. Let us know how to set up the auto reply feature on WhatsApp?
Follow these steps to set up the auto reply feature on WhatsApp
- To set up the auto reply feature, first open the WhatsApp Business app on your device and login to it. If you don’t have a business account, you can signup for it first.
- After logging in to your WhatsApp account, click on the three dots in the top right corner and then select the Settings option.
- Click on the Business Features option under Settings. To set up auto-reply here, you have to select the messaging feature and select the type of message you want to set up.
You can edit the auto-reply message
You can even edit the auto-reply message you want to send to potential customers.
Away message: This message will be sent to those who call after your office hours.
Greeting message: This feature will automatically welcome new customers.
Quick replies: In this you can save answers to frequently asked questions. The advantage of this would be that you would not have to type the same answer every time.
Schedule auto-reply messages
If you want, you can also schedule auto reply messages to be sent on WhatsApp. In this case, you can choose the time to send the auto-reply message according to your need.
Always send: If you are not available for a long time, then you can choose this option.
Custom schedule : If you want to send automatic message at a fixed time, then you can choose this option.
Business hours: If you want to send messages outside office hours, then this option has to be selected. For this option you have to set business hours in your business profile.
Then you have to select the contacts to whom you want to send the auto-reply message. As if…
Everyone: Select this option to send an auto message to everyone after business hours.
Everyone not in the address book: This option also allows you to send automatic messages to numbers outside your contact list.
Everyone except: Except some contacts, you can select this option to send automatic messages to the rest of the people.
Only send to: If you want to send a message to a specific contact as well, then you can take advantage of this option.
What are the limitations of WhatsApp Business auto reply
- WhatsApp Business is for local small businesses. You get limited facilities in this.
- Anyone can download the WhatsApp Business App. This means that no one can verify that it is your business.
- You can use only the same auto-reply message template in WhatsApp Business.
- Will not be able to integrate WhatsApp Business with CRM or other third party apps.
- WhatsApp auto-reply only works during certain off-hours.
What is whatsapp auto reply feature,
Auto-reply is a business feature on WhatsApp, which is capable of automatically replying to any incoming message. The good thing is that you can adjust it according to your business needs. The WhatsApp Business app lets you set up ‘away messages’. You can set up an auto-reply feature, in which contacts will be notified that you are currently unavailable. If you want, you can also schedule these messages as per your convenience. You can also use the WhatsApp auto-reply feature for greeting messages, away messages or quick replies. With this, customers will not have to wait long and they can easily engage with your business.
Also read: Downloading status video on WhatsApp is easy, learn how