If you are above 18 years of age and want to apply for Voter ID Card. First of all, one has to go to the website of National Voters Service Portal nvsp.in. Learn how to apply for voter ID card online and offline…
If you want to participate in the elections to be held in the country, then it is necessary to have a Voter ID card. It is an identity proof authorized by the Government of India. If you have also completed 18 years, then you can make a voter ID card. There is both online and offline method for this. Let us know how to apply for Voter ID card online and offline?
How to apply online for Voter ID Card
If you are above 18 years of age and want to apply for Voter ID Card. First of all, one has to go to the website of National Voters Service Portal nvsp.in.
- After opening the nvsp.in home page, you will see some options on the left side, in which the option to register as a new elector / voter will also be available. For this it is necessary to login or register here.
- Now you will be redirected to a new page. If your account is not registered, then clicking on Register as a New User will open the registration form. Here you can register through mobile number.
- After registering a new page will open where you will have to enter all the required details like your mobile number, email id, password etc. Now the login form will appear in front of you.
- You need to enter all the required details like your username, password and captcha code in this log-in form. After that a new page will open in front of you, where you have to click on Fresh Inclusion and Enrollment. Let us tell you that if you are a first time voter, you will have to fill Form 6. If you have changed your constituency, the same form has to be filled.
- Form No. 8 has to be filled for any kind of correction in the Voter ID card. If a voter has changed or shifted his/her constituency, Form 8A has to be filled.
- Now you will be redirected to a new page where you have to select your citizenship status and state. After that click on Next. Now the application form will appear in front of you, where all the required details have to be entered, such as your address details, personal details, additional information, date of birth related details, declarations etc. Also, all the relevant documents have to be uploaded. Here some things will be marked with a star, that is, it is mandatory to fill them.
- After this, you will have to upload your photo, which should not exceed 2MB, documents related to age proof and address proof. Once you have filled the form, check again if there is anything missing or wrong. After that you have to click on submit.
- Now you will receive a confirmation email, with the help of which you can track the status of Voter ID card application.
- After reviewing your application Booth Level Officer (BLO) will visit your residence to validate the information provided by you. Once the procedures are completed, your Voter ID will be sent to your residential address.
Also read: How to link Aadhaar and Voter ID online, know the easiest way
How to apply offline for Voter ID Card
Follow these steps to apply for voter ID card offline:
- If you want to apply for voter ID card offline, you will need to fill two copies of Form 6. You can also download it online from the site of nvsp.in or you can also get it from the nearest Electoral Registration Office.
- Fill out Form 6 completely. Paste a passport size photograph in the space provided.
- Attach proof of age and proof of residence with it.
- You can send the form and documents through post to your nearest Electoral Registration Office of your Assembly Constituency.
- If you wish, you can also visit the Electoral Registration Office nearest to your Assembly Constituency and submit the documents in person.
- Your application will then be verified by the Booth Level Officers (BLO). After everything is correct, your voter ID will be given at your residential address.
How to download Voter ID Card
Voter ID card or EPIC (Election Photo Identity Card) is issued by the Election Commission of India as an identity document for people of 18 years of age and above, who can participate in municipal, state and national elections. Serves as primary identification when casting a ballot. Follow these steps to download Voter ID Card online:
- For this, first of all go to the National Voter Service Portal.
- Here you will see the option of e-EPIC download, click on it.
- After this you have to login here. If you already have login id then fine, else register yourself first with the help of mobile number.
- Enter your EPIC number (10 digit unique number printed on the Voter ID card).
- Now verify the details shown on the screen.
- Here verify the mobile number using OTP and click on ‘Download e-EPIC’ to download the digital voter ID. After this it will be downloaded in PDF format.