Monday, May 20, 2024
HomeNewsGadgetsHonor India: After a gap of three...

Honor India: After a gap of three years, Honor is returning to the country, launching a new smartphone in August

Honor ended its smartphone business in India in 2020 after launching a few phones like the Honor 9X Pro, 9A and 9S. However, it is said that he has started preparing to return to this country again. Honor is likely to return to the Indian market with a new smartphone launch in August. Recent reports also claimed that Madhav Sheth, former CEO of Realme India, will lead the Honor brand in India. A reliable tipster has revealed the details of a trademark application filed by Honor on social media, further cementing the speculation. Let’s get to know this in detail.

Honor is coming back to the Indian market with the hands of the former CEO of Realme India

Tipster Mukul Sharma shared an image on Twitter, which showed details of a new trademark application filed by Honor. According to the image shared by the tipster, the company has trademarked “Honor for Knights” in India and Madhav Seth will be the new president of the company. The tipster says that this clearly signals Honor’s return to the Indian smartphone market.

Honor started its journey in 2013 as a sub-brand of Huawei. It first entered India in 2014. The brand became popular for their low-cost and high-quality phones Then in 2020, the brand closed its smartphone business in India after launching a few phones like Honor 9X Pro, Honor 9A and Honor 9S. Due to US government sanctions on Huawei, the company sold the Honor brand to a Chinese group later that year. Currently, Honor is operating in China and some other markets. It hasn’t completely left the Indian market, as it has launched a fitness tracker and tablet in the country over the past few years.

Apart from the tipster’s tweet, Madhav Seth’s social media accounts himself are hinting at Honor’s return. The cryptic question “When is the night coming?” has been popping up on his social media profiles for quite some time now. This question has sparked interest among followers. This also points towards the possible launch of a new Honor device.

It may be noted that Madhav Seth held the post of Chief Executive Officer of Realme India for a long time and he officially resigned last month. Right now Realme founder and CEO Sky Lee is handling the Indian market. Announcing his resignation, Madhav Seth said that despite stepping down, he will continue to support Realme as a strategic advisor for its development strategy, global product monitoring, market insights and operational advice.

Rishabh Garg
Rishabh Garg
Rishabh writes about the latest technology news for Naxon Tech
RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Web Story

Latest Post