The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 is set to launch alongside the Galaxy Z Flip 5 in Seoul, South Korea next month. It is also reported that the Galaxy Fold 5 Unpacked event will be held separately for the US and Canada in August. Although Samsung has not announced the launch date of the foldable and flip phone yet, the specifications and features of the phones are coming out every day through various sources. Now a tipster has revealed the full specification list of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5: Full specifications leaked
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 is likely to offer some incremental upgrades over its predecessor model. A launch event is scheduled for July in Seoul, the capital of South Korea. Earlier, tipster Yogesh Brar revealed the specifications of the Galaxy Z Fold 5. From what it looks like, the foldable phone could be more or less the same as the Z Fold 4, but it could feature an updated processor and some minor changes.
According to the specification list, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 will be powered by Qualcomm’s custom-developed Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor. The same chipset is also seen in the Galaxy S23 series. The processor has a Prime core running at 3.36 GHz. And the four performance cores are clocked at 2.8 GHz and the three efficiency cores are clocked at 2.02 GHz. The device was listed on Geekbench with 12GB of RAM. Yogesh Brar said that Samsung might launch the Z Fold 5 in 256GB, 512GB and 1TB storage options.
Apart from that, the rest of the specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 will be similar to the predecessor model. That means it will feature a 7.6-inch foldable display, a 6.2-inch cover display and a triple-camera setup. The Galaxy Z Fold 5 will likely feature a waterdrop notch, which will help reduce the visibility of creases forming on the display. Again, the device will have an IPX8 rating for water resistance up to 1 meter deep for 30 minutes. Let’s take a look at other leaked features of the Galaxy Z Fold 5.
- Foldable Display: 7.6-inch QXGA+ AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate.
- Cover display: 6.2 inch HD+ AMOLED display.
- Performance: Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor customized for Galaxy phones.
- RAM/ Storage: 12 GB RAM, 256 GB/ 512 GB/ 1 TB storage.
- Battery: 4,400mAh battery with 25W fast charging.
- Rear Camera: 50-megapixel primary camera, 12-megapixel ultra-wide camera, 12-megapixel telephoto camera.
- Selfie camera: 4 megapixel under-screen camera, 10 megapixel outer screen front camera.
- Software: Android 13-based One UI 5.1.
- Other specifications: Dual speakers, side-mounted fingerprint scanner, IPX8 rating.