Saturday, June 15, 2024
HomeNewsGadgetsApple's track record aside, eight out of...

Apple’s track record aside, eight out of ten iPhones run the latest software

Apple (Apple) has organized the Worldwide Developers Conference 2023 (WWDC 2023) on June 5 at Apple Park. The company is expected to unveil iOS 17, iPadOS 17 and WatchOS 10 alongside the mixed reality headset at the conference. Earlier, the US company claimed that 81% of iPhones worldwide are currently running on the latest version of iOS, namely iOS 16. Apple also says that around 71% of iPads worldwide are currently running the latest version of iPadOS, i.e. iPadOS 16. Also, the company revealed the market share of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15.

Apple has released the market share of the latest and older versions of iOS and iPadOS

Apple revealed that 81% of iPhones in the global market currently run on the iOS 16 operating system. Of the remaining 19%, about 13% of iPhone users are still stuck with iOS 15. Whereas, 6% of iPhone users are using iOS 14 or an older version of Apple’s smartphone operating system.

According to the report, almost 90% of the iPhones launched in the last four years have been updated to the iOS 16 version. Whereas, about 8% of iPhone 11, iPhone 12 series, iPhone 13 series, and iPhone 14 series users are using iOS 15 and are yet to be updated to iOS 16. And the remaining 2% are still using iOS 14 or older iOS versions.

Apple has a pretty good track record in releasing new iOS updates for the iPhone. Please note that all Apple iPhone models launched in 2017 and later are eligible for the iOS 16 update. However, it appears that either some users are unwilling to update their iPhones to iOS 16 or are unaware of the update.

On the other hand, 71% of iPad users have updated their tablets to the latest version of iPadOS, which is iPad 16. However, about 20% of iPads are still running iPadOS 15 The report revealed that 9% of iPad users are using iPadOS 14 or an older version of iPadOS.

Additionally, about 76 percent of iPad models launched in the past four years are running the latest version of iPadOS 16. Whereas, 18% of iPads launched in the last four years are stuck on the iPadOS 15 version. And about 6% of iPad users are still running either iPadOS 14 or an older version of iPadOS

Rishabh Garg
Rishabh Garg
Rishabh writes about the latest technology news for Naxon Tech
RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Web Story

Latest Post